The mission statement of our school is its foundation. It answers two fundamental questions about the school, ‘Why are we here?’ and ‘What kind of children are we aiming to produce?’ This leads to our vision, which is to become A Passionate Learning Community. The mission statement is used as a guide in decision making. For example, when considering a curriculum programme or a school event, we ask the question, ‘Does it help us achieve our mission?’ The mission was created by all members of the school community: parents, teachers and students. The ‘Steps to Success’ are the main things that we do in school to try and achieve our mission.
Personal Goal Descriptions
We believe that international mindedness is a quality that is going to be central to the lives of children who may:
• Travel more
• Work away from their home country in different cultural settings
• Work in their home countries but for organisations operating within different cultural parameters
• Live in their home countries but alongside increasingly diverse cultures
• Be a part of solving world problems that require the contribution of different cultures
• Live in a world that is influenced significantly by events generating from within cultures other than their own
Sustainable Development Goals
AIS supports the teaching of Sustainable Development Goals, as outlined on the UNICEF website.